**HBBS is not currently offering postpartum doula services. We recommend the Eastside Doula Circle!**
Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to parenthood! Coming home with a new baby can be overwhelming - especially when you're trying to recover from birth.
A postpartum doula helps nurture the entire family in the days and weeks following birth by providing emotional support and information so you can best care for your baby. I want to help you learn to recognize baby's cues, feel confident as a parent, and learn how to care for yourself as well as your baby. Research shows that families have an easier time with the transition to family life with postpartum support.
I will work with your family to address your specific needs.
what does a postpartum doula do?
- Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting
- Breastfeeding or bottle feeding support
- Baby soothing techniques
- Sibling care
- Educate about "what to expect" - normal infant behavior and development
- Support you in solidifying your own philosophy of parenting
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Light housekeeping & meal assistance
- Running errands
- Referrals to local resources such as lactation professionals, new parent support groups and classes, and health professionals
- Connecting you with other new parents and parent- baby activities
- Private home yoga sessions designed especially for postpartum recovery available (see yoga rates)
Check out DONA International's FAQ about Postpartum Doulas.
postpartum availability & fees
Currently taking clients with due dates in July 2016 or later.
FEE: $30 -35 per hour. 2- 5 hour, daytime only. I currently have an infant of my own and do not do overnights. If you need overnight help, contact the other wonderful postpartum doulas of the Eastside Doula Circle.